OUR KITCHENOur Fridge is stocked with some of the world’s finest cheeses, we have mouth-watering aged and cured meats, olives, nuts, local honey and an ever-changing selection of gourmet items to complement your choice of wine. We also make many unique bites and have some great, locally produced Pate`. If we don’t have exactly what you’re in the mood for, worry not, because Downtown DeLand has an incredible variety of restaurants and we have their menu’s. Most will deliver to us, but if they don’t, or are unable to, we’ll pick it up for you. So please relax and enjoy your time at “DeLand’s Living Room”!
CREATE YOUR OWN EXPERIENCEWe have several ready-to-order platters that are designed to complement a variety of meats and cheeses, but because we have such a large selection of items to choose from, and to allow for many different tastes, we invite you to build your own platter. All menu items are priced a`la carte and can be paired anyway you’d like, simply add $3 for Crackers, Fruit Paste, and Caperberries.
SELECT MEATS, OLIVES, DIPS, & NUTS
- MOLINARI & SONS DRY SALAME - $4 (2 oz) - Cacciatore-style cured salami pairs great with Parmigiano and other aged cheeses, as well as highly acidic cheeses like Ricotta or Chevre. Depending on the pairing, try with hearty reds or light, acidic whites
- PROSCIUTTO de PARMA - $4 (2 oz) - Prosciutto di Parma is the gold standard of Italian prosciutto and it has been for centuries using only four ingredients: specially-bred and fed Italian pigs, sea salt, air, and the most important ingredient—time. Pairs wonderfully with reds, whites, and bubbles.
- JAMON SERRANO- $4 (2 oz) - “Mountain” Ham from Spain, cured in salt and dried for up to two years - a beautiful slice of cured meat
- PARMESAN CRISPS - $4 - Pure Parmesan cheese, the ultimate snack
- MARCONA ALMONDS - $3 - These blanched Marcona almonds are roasted in olive oil and then sprinkled with sea salt, offering a delicious taste that goes perfectly with dry cured meats and hard cheeses
- CASTELVATRANO OLIVES - $4 - Large, un-pitted, green olives with a crunchy bite and a clean, fruity flavor that actually taste like olive oil
- KALAMATA OLIVES - $3 - Cured in vinegar and olive oil, with fresh herbs, Kalamata olives are the perfect addition to any meat and cheese platter.
- LOCAL HONEY - $2 - Sourced locally from the CBH Honey in Ocala- the Palmetto, Citrus, or Wild Flower are perfect with any platter
- COUNTRY STYLE BAGUETTE - $4 - A crusty loaf of country -style bread, served with EVOO and 12 year aged Balsamic Vinegar
AGED, HARD, & SEMI-HARD CHEESES
ALL ARE AVAILABLE TO TAKE HOME, PRICES ARE FOR 2 oz PORTIONS
- TWO YEAR AGED GOUDA - $4 - From the oldest maturing house in Holland- the flavor is intense and creamy with strong hints of butterscotch and caramel. Try with a Cabernet, Merlot, or Blend
- PARMAGIANNO-REGGIANO - $3 - A classic from Parma that pairs perfectly with bold, red wines like Barolo or Sangiovese (Add Prosciutto de Parma for $4)
- MAHON - $3 - Named after the natural port of Mahón on the island of Minorca off the Mediterranean coast of Spain and made from cow’s milk- this is buttery, savory, and a bit salty. Pairs well with a Tempranillo Blanc or Rioja.
- SARTORI MONTAMORE - $3 - This Parmesan-inspired cow’s milk cheese from Wisconsin is a sweet, creamy and fruity cheese with hints of pineapple and tropical fruits balanced by playful, tangy bite on the finish. goes nicely with Chardonnay or lighter Reds
- COMTE - $3 - Comte is a semi-hard fruity, nutty, Smokey, savory and sweet cow’s milk cheese. French in origin, this cheese is considered one of the finest in the world. It is great paired with a Sancerre or full-bodied red.
- WIDMER’S 10 YEAR-AGED WHITE CHEDDAR - $7 - Rich, nutty flavor becomes increasingly sharp with age- great with Gruner-Veltliner, Friulano, Nebbiolo, and other hearty reds
- WISCONSIN 4 YEAR AGED CHEDDAR - $4 - Aged just enough to bring out the full-bodied flavor without losing its creamy smoothness- great with Gruner Veltliner, Friulano, Nebbiolo, and other hearty reds
- APPLEWOOD SMOKED CHEDDAR - $3 - Apple smoked and then hand rubbed with paprika, pairs well with crisp whites to soft reds
- Truffle Cheddar - $5 - This truffle cheddar finds the delicate balance between the earthy flavors of truffle and the smooth, rich bite of raw milk Vermont cheddar. Pairs perfectly with Barolo, Pinot Noir and Italian whites.
- LEYDEN - $4 - Made from skimmed milk and spiced with cumin and caraway seeds. Try with our Vermentino or Monastrell
BLEU, BLUE, SOFT, & NON-MOO
- CLAWSON ENGLISH BLUE STILTON - $5 - Long Clawson is one of only six dairies in the world able to make Stilton due to its PDO status, great with Gewurztraminer, Chardonnay, Gamay, or Tempranillo
- JASPER HILL BAYLEY HAZEN BLEU - $5 - The texture and flavor make Bayley an ideal choice for any lover of blue cheese. The usual peppery character is subdued, giving way to the grassy, nutty flavors in the milk. Try with a fruity Red like Gamay, Old Vine Zinfandel, Riesling, or Chardonnay
- SAINT ANGEL TRIPLE-CREAM BRIE - $3 - Buttery with a little salt, a somewhat strong tang and a hint of earth and white mushroom. Pair with Pinot Gris, White Burgundy, Pinot Noir, or Gamay
- FROMAGER d'AFFINOIS DOUBLE CREAM BRIE - $3 - Semi firm, nutty cheese from France. Pair with Chardonnay or Beaujolais.
- PORT SALUT - $3 - From 19th century Trappist Monks of France – this is a semi-soft cow’s milk cheese with a distinctive orange rind and a mild flavor, pairs wonderfully with a Chardonnay, Rose` or full-bodied Pinot Noir.
- CARPUCLA SPANISH MANCHEGO - $3 - Sheep’s milk cheese from La Mancha pairs nicely with spicy reds like Garnacha or Zinfandel and acidic whites like Albarino
- GARLIC & HERB CHEVRE - $3 - Infused with fresh garlic and herbs throughout, which adds a savory dimension to the cheese. Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Noir go nicely with this
- ROASTED MUSHROOMS W/ BALSAMIC JUS - $12 - We use cultivated Hen of the Woods (Maitake) and Royal Trumpet mushrooms, tossed with 12 yr. Balsamic Vin. EVOO, Fresh Thyme, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and a little dab of honey butter. Served with a country-style baguette- perfect for sopping up the incredible resulting jus
- HOUSE-MADE HOT SPINACH & ARTICHOKE DIP - Sm $8, Lg $14 - Made with whole milk, cream cheese, Parmigiano-Reggiano, Feta, Artichoke Hearts, and Fresh Baby Spinach. Served with warm pita
- OLIVE AND ARTICHOKE BAGUETTE -$9 - A blend of Artichoke Hearts, Kalamata Olives, Green Olives, and Jack cheese, baked and served on a toasted Baguette
- ITALIAN BEEF WON-TON PURSES - $6 - A spicy mixture of ground beef, onions, garlic, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and topped with mozzarella
- WILD MUSHROOM WON-TON PURSES - $6 - Made with a blend of Wild Mushrooms, Fresh Tarragon, Onions, & Garlic. Topped with Garlic & Herb Goat Cheese
- SAUSAGE AND JALAPENO WON-TON PURSES - $6 - Made with mild Italian sausage, Jalapeño’s (spicy but not too hot), and mozzarella cheese
- UMAMI CRISPS - $5 - We top our house-made Parmesan Crisps with a fresh roasted tomato/olive oil puree, red wine caramelized onions, sun-dried tomatoes, Hazen Blue, and 12 year aged Balsamic vinegar. Awaken the Sixth Sense
- HOUSE-MADE CLASSIC HUMMUS - $6 - Hulled Chickpeas, Organic Tahini, Olive Oil, Lemon Juice, and spices. Simple ingredients, make this a great dish! Served with warm Pita
- SAMPLER PLATTER - $15 - Featuring a selection of three kinds of cheese, cured meat, and Pate`. With honeycomb, walnuts, caperberries, fresh fruit, and crackers to compliment
- CREATE YOUR OWN PLATTER - Choose any number of cheeses and add any other Select items to customize your own platter. Add $3 for Caperberries, Fruit Paste, and Crackers
- SELECTION OF MEATS - $6 - Features a sample of the Molinari & Sons Salame, Jamon Serrano, and Prosciutto de Parma
- NUTS & OLIVES - $9 - Features a selection of Castelvaltrano olives, Kalamata olives, Caperberries, Walnuts and Spanish Marcona Almonds
MOST OF OUR MEATS AND CHEESES ARE BEST WHEN AT ROOM TEMPERATURE. PLACE YOUR ORDER IN ADVANCE AND WE CAN HAVE IT READY AND WAITING FOR YOU! WE CAN ALSO MAKE CUSTOM PLATTERS TO GO.
Bon Paté is a family run company based in Winter Park, FL. They make patés carefully, artisanally and focusing on using the best ingredients available, treating them with respect and creating flavors and textures in an appealing design. They focus on small, detailed and high-quality food that is a little different from the rest, and cook with love and respect.
PATE`, RILLETTE, & FOIE GRAS
- DUCK PATE` WITH BLACK TRUFFLE OR SAUTERNES - $14 - An exquisitely balanced classic, with at least 3% Black Truffle. Pork-free, no gluten, starches or fillers, all natural ingredients. Decorated with a Winter Truffle. Or flavored with Sauternes
- VEAL PAPRIKA MOUSSE - $14 - A smooth, creamy spread that pairs wonderfully with both full-bodied reds and whites
- CAPRESE MOUSSE - $10 - Goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, fine herbs and pesto in three layers. It is a classic blend of Italian flavors and textures
- DUCK FOIE GRAS MOUSSE WITH COGNAC AND SAUTERNES - $14 - Made from free range naturally fattened Duck, this rare paté will give you the experience of true foie gras without the unconformable thought of a force- fed animal
- DUCK RILLETTE - $16 - Made from Free-Range Duck meat, Cherries, Pistachios, and Gran Marnier. No Liver, Pork-free, No gluten, starches or fillers, all natural ingredients.